|Sadly, the records were incomplete. - Allul
|No matter what we put on you, you always make it look like a total mess! - L'Arc
This article is need of a clean-up. You can help out Arc Rise Fantasia Wiki by re-organizing parts of the article, checking grammar and spelling, and doing other helpful things to correct the article.
|Clyde (1st Encounter)|
|Location||Ruins of Hilbert|
|Steal||Flood Shard||Gale Shard|
|Clyde (2nd Encounter)|
|Steal||Revive Full||Defence Leaf|
|Clyde (3rd Encounter)|
|Drops||Defence Leaf||Gale Gem|
|Steal||Flood Shard||Gale Shard|
Clyde is a major supporting character and antagonist.
Clyde possess the weapon Longinus, described as "The epitome of stubborn loyalty." Clyde mirrors this by staunchly supporting Alf regardless of consequences for himself or to the empire at large. He can be described as a zealot.
Clyde wears a brown shirt with a high red collar and dark brown pants. Silver pieces of armour are on his arms and shins. He looks to be around the age of 50 or plus. His weapon, Longinus is an enourmous red and silver axe.
Clyde is first encountered at Jada when L'Arc and Alf need clearance to enter Dragon Prison. After receiving results of the Feldragon hunt, he expresses concern over Alf and scolds L'Arc. Shortly after, a guard walks in and alerts the party and Clyde that monsters are attacking Jada. Clyde mobilizes the forces stationed and leaves to help in the efforts.
He meets up with Alf at some point and devotes himself to his cause. Wherever Alf is, Clyde is almost certainly there. He opposes the party numerous times during the Rogress hunts. Clyde is among the first to notice Adele's dramatic change to her personality when she became the Real Diva during the Ebur Ruin exploration.
Clyde is later shown to be torn between his loyalty to Alf and loyalty to the Meridian Empire, asking L'Arc to stop him. Whenever he is defeated, he allows L'Arc to pass without further opposition.
He stands in the way of L'Arc one final time at the Verct Skywalk, beckoning L'Arc to defeat him and make his way to Real. Afterwards, he states that Ryfia is still so young, yet her innocence and purity may be what saves humankind. He leaves Alf in L'Arc's care. After the battle, he is shown to confront the god Real with Alf and aids in destroying it. He does not assist in the battle with Eesa.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Clyde is an incredibly strong person, possibly the strongest physically. He can easily put up a fight L'Arc and his group, making L'Arc comment "Trust general Clyde to put up a fight." He utilizes the combo element Lightning and can use the elements that compose it.
His "big attack" is the Excel Act Brave Rush.
His Excel Acts cover a large area and deal great damage. Sonic Blade, in particular, covers a positively massive area.
|Sonic Blade||5||50%||Wind||quarter circle|
- The battle theme that plays when the party battles Alf's group near Topazion and in Diamant Castle is actually Clyde's theme, called "Before the Mighty One".
- What happens to Clyde after he and Alf face Real is unknown. He could have possibly died against Real due to being already weak from battling L'arc and the party, or he possibly returned to the Meridian Empire.
- Clyde along with L'arc and Ryfia are the only in-battle characters to never join the party as a guest.
- Based on the layout of the Allwise Infinite Dungeon, Clyde was probably planned to accompany the party as a guest there. Dynos guides the party through 2 sections unlike Adele and Niko who only stay for 1 section, suggesting that he was originally suppose to have one of Dynos's levels.
- Clyde is the only character to share an ultimate Secret Arm Force from one of the permanent party members, with both him and L'arc having Deadly Strike++.